Android mailto link not working

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser Android mailto link not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    acass64
    Participant

I am trying to create an email mailto link in my project using the In-App Web Browser plugin, but when I click on the link from my Android device, it gives me an error:

net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

Works fine on iOS

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hey,
    Good catch.
    I think I’ve fixed it. I’ve sent .jar file on your email.
    Could you replace it with a file from Plugins/Android directory and check if it’s working for you?

If so, I will release a 1.7.2 patch.

acass64
    Participant

Hey Piotr

I replaced the .jar file and it works perfect now. I did have an additional question though. I am also trying to link a .pdf file via a url link.

It works from IOS and the desktop, but does not do anything (when clicked) on Android.

Thanks
    Allen Cass

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by acass64.
    PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Could you give me a link to sample website so I can test it out? Thanks!

acass64
    Participant

Here is the link I am trying to access a AWS S3 bucket from Android: (IOS works fine)

http://mclientmedia.s3.amazonaws.com/betollerantmedia/marker/WallPanels.pdf

<a href="http://mclientmedia.s3.amazonaws.com/betollerantmedia/marker/WallPanels.pdf">Click Here</a>

Thanks
    Allen Cass

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

So I’ve checked it and it seems PDF viewing isn’t supported out of the box..
    I see three possible solutions here:
    1. When trying to open URL with .pdf extension browser will open external OS app to view PDF file (meaning user will leave your Unity app)
    2. When trying to open URL with .pdf extension browser will redirect users to Google Drive viewer page pointing to requested file
    3. You have to embed pdf file using some JS PDF library, such as pdf.js

What do you think is best solution here?
    I am inclined to go with 1.

marsalcrow
    Participant

The ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME error is commonly because of your browser issue . There’s no application on your device which can handle that particular action. It is a Chromium bug . In Chrome version 40 and up, this bug has resurfaced, but only if you are manually entering the URL of the redirect page in the address bar. The issue is on the chromium issue tracker here .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.